As I read Chris Hazelwood’s Q&A for the first time (article on page 14), I was inspired by her bravery and strength during a very challenging time in her life. She would be the first to say that she did not make it through her fight against breast cancer alone, but it also reminded me that a great source of our strength (as women) comes from the ones we love and keep close.
To honor Chris, and all women who fight the good fight every day, I’ve put together a list of some of my favorite inspirational quotes. I hope these sayings are a positive reminder to keep looking up, and enjoy the time you have with the ones you love!
- “Nothing is impossible. The word itself says ‘I’m Possible’!” ~ Audrey Hepburn; actress and philanthropist
- “Far away, there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.” ~ Louisa May Alcott, American novelist.
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt; Former First Lady of the United States
- “I do not know the word ‘quit.’ Either I never did, or I have abolished it.” ~ Susan Butcher; American dog musher
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” ~ Alice Walker; African American author and poet.