by KIMBER VASQUEZ, MD
With our deep roots in the Central Florida community and with the diverse representation of people groups who live and work here, we feel we have a unique position to provide health services to our migrant populace, as well as everyone in our community. Adequate healthcare is a key component in overall health and wellness, and our organization was started to ensure all groups, including the migrant populace in our community, have access to healthcare services.
Why We Are Uniquely Prepared for Migrant Populace Health
We opened in 1972 in Frostproof after a local citrus processing firm determined the community was in dire need of a health center to provide affordable healthcare for farmworkers there. We opened another community health center in Wauchula in 1975, in Avon Park in 1980, and subsequently in Dundee, Lakeland, Winter Haven, Lake Wales, and Mulberry. We offer health services in primary medical, dental care, pediatrics, and obstetrics and gynecology at our various locations. Many locations also have lab and x-ray services available as well, along with full-service pharmacies offering discounted prices on prescriptions.
Central Florida Health Care, Inc’s commitment to serving Central Florida’s community, including our migrant populace, includes:
- Offering bilingual services.
- Having a diverse, empathetic staff.
- Joining a nationwide network of community health centers in order to ensure migrant workers and their families have continuity of care as they move from location to location for work.
- Accepting various forms of identification, such as a passport or consulate documents.
- Offering generous sliding-scale discounted payments based on verified income.
- Providing assistance with insurance options, like Medicaid, for qualified
- Offering possible additional discounts for verifiable residents of Polk County.
We are proud to have stayed true to our original vision of filling critical gaps in healthcare for Central Florida residents, including migrant workers and those in need in the community in general. Should you need health care services, don’t hesitate to reach out to our medical staff at (866) 234-8534.
This column is sponsored by Central Florida Health Care, Inc., and the opinions expressed herein may not reflect those of CFHN or of its advertisers.
Dr. Kimber Vasquez is a general practice physician with Central Florida Health Care, Inc, currently serving patients at our Avon Park location. To make an appointment with Dr. Vasquez or any of our medical team at one of our 12 locations, call (866) 234-8534. Visit cfhconline.org for more information.